- Upon the heels of the highly successful Verado 400R outboard is its sinister competition relative, the Mercury Racing 400 ROS (Race Offshore). The 400 ROS features the 400R powerhead mounted on an all-new race midsection, featuring the competition-proven Mercury Racing heavy-duty swivel clamp bracket assembly. A Sport Master gearcase transfers the 400 ROS’s massive power to the water. And to ensure every revolution counts, Mercury Racing has developed an all-new line of CNC cleaver propellers specifically for the 400 ROS.
PROPSHAFT RATED HORSEPOWER (KW)
MAX RPM AT FULL THROTTLE
Inline 6, 24-Valve Direct-Acting
Double Overhead Cam (DOHC)
DISPLACEMENT: L ITERS (L) CUBIC INCHES (CID)
BORE & STROKE: INCHES (IN) MILLIMETERS (MM)
3.23 X 3.23/82 X 82
Supercharged With Charge Air Cooling &
Electronic Boost Control
FUEL OCTANE REQUIREMENTS
Unleaded 91 R + M/2 (98 RON)
Recommended For Maximum Performance
Fully Regulated Belt Driven
70-Amp (882 Watt)
Water Cooled With Thermostat &
Mercury Racing NMMA Certified FCW SAE 25W-50 Synthetic Blend
ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM
Throttle & Shift (DTS)
Power Trim And Tilt Remote Mount Pump
External Plate Mount
DRY WEIGHT (LBS./KG)1
- Powerhead: The 400 ROS is the most powerful competition outboard ever produced by Mercury Racing. Structural upgrades incorporated into the 2.6L cylinder block and head ensure classic Verado durability, even on the enduring offshore race circuit.
- Cool Air Intake: The cool air intake grabs fresh outside air to feed the supercharger and cooler air means more horsepower for big performance gains
- Supercharger: The water-cooled supercharger uses the engine cooling system to reduce air temperatures and supercharger load, increasing supercharger durability and more importantly – POWER
- Charge Air Cooler: For even more power, the air is cooled one last time by the charge air cooler after the air exits the supercharger and before it enters the cylinder head for maximum performance
- Electronic Boost Bypass Control Valve: Electronically monitors boost pressure levels to self-compensate for environmental changes, delivering consistent power that you have to feel to believe
- Billet Midsection: Custom designed by Mercury Racing, the competition midsection lowers the engine’s center of gravity for enhanced handling particularly when powering into and out of turns as well as overall boat performance at race speeds
- Sport Master Gearcase: The Sport Master gearcase provides enhanced boat handling, speed and efficiency. Custom short shaft models in both right and left hand rotation.
- Custom CNC Propellers: All new five and six-blade CNC cleaver propellers designed specifically for the 400 ROS. The new props are available in 13, 15, 18 or 21 degree rake and a variety of pitch sizes for precision matching of engine to hull for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Styling: Bold new 400 ROS graphics customized with XCAT logo and color scheme. A lightweight, carbon fiber lower cowl conceals the transition of powerhead to midsection. Dual rigging tubes facilitate rigging of external systems.
- SmartCraft: SmartCraft integrated marine technology is the brains behind the operation and the backbone for leading technologies like Digital Throttle & Shift. SmartCraft links the engine, controls, steering, and displays to provide data to keep the user informed of engine diagnostics and performance.
- DTS: Digital Throttle and Shift is a fully electronic throttle and shift system that offers smooth and predictable shifting and instant throttle response, similar to a modern sports car.
- Sport Master
- Digital Zero Effort Controls
Competition 400 ROS
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, be it similar or not. You can return a product up to 30 days from the date you purchased it with a 20% restocking fee.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item. If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment) with a 20% restocking fee. You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us or about your refund, contact us.